Friday, March 9, 2012

NEW ORLEANS and Bob's 60th!

Birthdays are interesting things - especially as one grows older, they seem to morph into something that I never anticipated.  As our friend Velma states, "I feel just the same age as I ever did - mostly, anyway."  It might not have been those exact words, but you get the idea.  After all, she ran the New York City marathon on her 70th birthday and we were there to see it - but that's another story to tell.

This event was my brother Bob's 15th and 60th birthday.  I'm sure you can figure out exactly what date he was born.  Glenda organized the celebration event for New Orleans.  Bob and Glenda flew from Hoonah, Alaska.  Sister Jane flew from Parkesburg, Pennsylvania, and Mary Louise and I drove from Tampa.

Let me tell you, it is a LONG WAY out of Florida going north and west from Tampa.  I thought Alaska was big.

I imagine one of the reasons Glenda chose it was because our family had lived there for two years in the middle 1950's.  The engineering firm our father worked for,  Modjeski and Masters, asked him to go to New Orleans to oversee the construction of the bridge over the Mississippi you see below.


No comments:

Post a Comment