Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hike into the Wind River Range

I had been interested in checking out the Wind River Range of mountains.  Mary Louise was soon on board.  We stopped in Pinedale, Wyoming and asked at an outdoors store where we might get into the range just a bit.  The answer was obvious - "Turn left at the grocery store and follow the road to the end." So, pausing to buy a sandwich and a water at the store, we turned left and followed the road.



The trail was hard packed and easy to walk.  The forest smelled like balsam and pine.   The only difficulty was breathing easily at 12,000 feet in elevation. 


ML got tired of me walking on her heels, so I went on ahead to where the trees opened up and I could see across the range.  


This is looking east with a pretty little lake nestled in the trees.








I was able to use my intuitive skills and figure out what ML was telling me.  I hope you can too.











On the way down the access road, I took this picture.  That way, I was sure I'd know what was in the picture.

I think the range is worth more than a day hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment