Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Sick as a Dog over Christmas!

I'm not sure where "sick as a dog" came from, even though I'm sure that I could google it and find out.  No matter where it came from, I was sicker than I have in a good 35 years - and of course it was over Christmas.

But, one of the reasons that I write to myself in this blog, is to notice the little things.  Here I am lying on the couch trying not to tremble from a 102 degree fever, and the sun is doing it's winter thing - not very high in the sky but wandering low across the windows.  And since it is so low in the sky, it's shining back in the living room.

There's this little display that ML had put together that was downright beautiful in the sun.  I hope you like it too.




I confess that the picture isn't as green as the reality.  The green of the bottle set off from the light green of the wall made my sick heart feel fine, for a few minutes anyway.













This is another picture that was a lot prettier in reality.  Again, with ML's artistic ability, she had put some dried flowers in a vase.  The silhouette against the light green of the wall paint was beautiful.








I wouldn't have been staring into space looking at the walls if I hadn't been sick.  Maybe it was a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment