Wednesday, January 9, 2013

HOT or COLD?

Sometimes the simplest of things seem so complicated.


Six years ago when I plumbed the house, I spaced out and switched the hot and cold water pipes to the shower valve.

Hmmm.  It worked OK, just opposite.  One person that stayed in our house thought we had no hot water!













For years, my mind was consumed with the difficulty of crawling under the house, removing insulation (in the face, of course), and cutting and patching pipes.

But, 6 months ago, I said "AHA!"  Why don't I just switch the valve backwards too!  Plus, the amount on information on the internet is amazing.  I found a youtube video the detailed exactly how to swap out my brand of valve.  You can learn too at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEDxl0A2pl0

The girls were gone and I was by myself, so I crawled under the house to turn off the water (I'm gonna fix that soon, too!).  Ten minutes later, the valve was switched (I didn't even break anything and have to wait a week for parts!).  I crawled back under the house and turned the water on again.

Voila!  It's fixed.  I wish I had thought of it earlier.


No comments:

Post a Comment