Monday, June 3, 2013

ML's Green Thumb

Our Mom loved flowers.  As was the case "back in those days," she had certain flower gardens that were "hers" and our Dad took care of the rest.  She was proud of the gardens and they looked pretty doggone nice.  I remember her working hard in the evening when it cooled off a little and she had Dad to help entertain the little urchins (us!).  I confess that I didn't appreciate them nearly as much as I could or should have at the time, but now that no-one cares except my brother and sister, I think they were glorious.

ML also has a green thumb.  She has a real sense of what plants need to allow them to thrive.  In the last week or so, she planted some pots of flowers.  Take a look.  Pretty amazing.  The photos don't really do them justice.



This is the setting.  There is a short and cool growing season in Southeast Alaska.  But there is lots of light, although not always sunlight.  Containers, or pots, are often the best way to go and ML just sets them on the porch.










I won't ruin the beauty with commentary.  Please continue below.







Time is going fast, but there's still lots of Southeast Summer.  And the flowers will just get better.









No comments:

Post a Comment