Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 3 "Getting Ready" yet again

Day 3    9/23     () miles by car

The good news is that we found the hotel fine.  But, no rooms available as yet.  Me, your image of cheapness, decides to return the car within the 24 hours.  I leave Mary Louise with all the gear in what is really the parking lot and run the car back to Buffalo airport.  Compounding a lousy decision, I pay more for the shuttle to Niagara than I should (by far, but we won't go into that).

I don't know about you, but there's always something we don't have.  I have checked around for bike shops on the internet before I left to find a front pannier rack.  I've followed up with a call, but none of the bike shops answer their phone.

Now that I've returned the car, we decide we may as well walk to the most likely choice (you'd think we'd ride, but one second item is that I have a tire pump for presta but not schrader - which my bike tires are schrader . . . )  We do, and walk, and walk, and walk - about 6 miles we figure later.  But we get there!  But they have no front pannier racks.  Hmmm.  Why can't a place just answer their phone.

Fortunately, Bob calls about that time and they've arrived.  He most kindly gives us a ride back - which by now is in POURING rain.

The bike shop does have a pump!  Progress!

I get tired of getting ready and getting ready and not being really ready. 


No comments:

Post a Comment