Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 19: Running out of Time for Olana

Day 19     10/9     Albany to Hudson     8 miles

We cheated!  Our plan was to bicycle to New York City.  But, alas, time was getting short.

Mary Louise and I really wanted to see Olana, Frederic Church's estate.  So we decided to rent a car.  The first day, Mary Louise and I would drive so we could get a tour of Olana before it closed.  The next day, we'd switch.

Bob and I got up early and rode 8 miles to the airport to rent a car.  It was nice to ride without all the gear!!! 

I



I f you get a chance, go see Olana.  It is an amazing place.  Sorry about the lousy picture.








We stayed in Hudson, a nice little town that's part "chic" and part economically depressed.  I like the combination although I certainly feel for the struggling people.

No comments:

Post a Comment