Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Across Canada

I think it's the first time we visited Prince Rupert that it didn't rain.  Nice.

Route 16 across northern British Columbia makes for great travel.  Not too crowded, nice scenery. 



The Skeena River comes through a mountain gorge and the road follows the river most of the way.   The Skeena is a big powerful river with lots of life and salmon running up it.  This is a picture from an earlier trip from a rest stop on the road - I just took it because it's so impressive. 





For some reason, I didn't take any pictures across the Bulkley River valley.  There are isolated farms, but for the most part, it's an isolated area.  We stayed in Smithers, one of the many self-proclaimed "mountain bike capitals of the world."  Maybe we'll rent a bike and find out another day.

When I drive the road, I often think of Bob and Glenda bicycling it from Jasper to Prince Rupert towing the dog.  Impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment