Saturday, September 22, 2012

Construction Work

My construction work can often be followed by looking at my hands.

Note the right index - yep, you're right - a hammer blow.  Two, in fact, and the second one hurt a lot more than the first.

The white is caulk.  The green is paint.

You probably can't see from this picture, but both hands and all digits are swollen.  Plus, they hurt.

There are a few nicks and cuts that you can't see.  That's just as well.  Typically, it because I've done something stupid.

Lastly, there is a puncture wound on the other side of my left middle finger.  I'm very conscious of where I put my fingers when using the nail gun (a gun that drives nails with compressed air), but somehow I always make a minor error.  I'm usually just happy that it's minor.  There are lots of emergency room visits as a result of nail guns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment