Thursday, April 4, 2013

Up Verstovia on a beautiful sping (winter?) day



My friend Bob and I hiked up Verstovia to picnic rock.  Beautiful day.  Warm at the bottom and whipping wind and blowing snow at the top.

I confess these are "file photos."  I forgot my camera.  It's hell getting old.  Luckily, I have all too many of the many trips we've taken on this trail.

But as my wife says when I show her the pictures, "Huh?  Snow, trees, mountains, water - what's different than last time?"  As always, she's right!

In the photo up above, you can see Bob sloughing it out on the snowshoes.  The town of Sitka is in the background with Mt. Edgecumbe way in the back.

Another shot on of Sitka Sound and Mt. Edgecumbe in the far distance.


 This looks back at Mt. Verstovia on the right.  We hike up to the peak sometimes in the summer.  It's pretty steep, but worth it on a nice day.

1 comment: