Thursday, March 14, 2013

CATCH UP - KITCHEN remodel

I imagine you're getting a bit tired of kitchen information.  I am.  After the time pressure of the countertop measure, it's time to be more leisurely.  But there's still lots to do!


 First on the agenda, paint.  The "behind the scenes" is always more challenging to consider.  We took a cabinet shelf, a piece of floor, and a countertop chip to the place where we found some tile that we liked for the backsplash.  With paint color cards, we got help in choosing a paint color.  In fact, you can see it on the left!


I wired the fridge plug, checked the water connection and ran some water into a bucket (the PVC glue tends to jam things up if you don't run it out first . . . .), and ML and I connected and fought the refrigerator into its spot.  When I get some time, I'm going to build a custom cabinet above the fridge for storage.  


Now the wall cabinets.  The right side of the sink is the easiest, so I started there.


They're pretty much done and ML has the unenviable job of putting the shelves in.  The worst part is deciding where they go, but I don't have to worry about that!!!

The wall space on the right and left of the sink is different, so I had to cut a spacer on the left side - plus the cabinet is 12 inches and the one on the right is 15".  I think it looks OK.






The glass doors are in and the cardboard is up until the countertop installers come.  I threw in the old kitchen sink for temporary use - both of us are tired of using a small bathroom sink to wash dishes.

I spent all too much time aligning cabinet and drawer doors.  I still have the spacer to cut to the left of the sink base.  Maybe today  . . . . .

It looks good with a vacuumed floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment