Thursday, March 28, 2013

Countertops are in! We have water!

We have a usable kitchen!!!!


Alex and Jose arrived to install the countertops.  There was a minor glitch when they realized that they had the sink, and we did not.   But, they found it in the shop and arrived about 11 a.m.


They're just about finished in this picture.







Looks good to me.  I asked if they'd help me with the stove and they said fine.  It was worth the tip, which we would have provided anyway.

It turns out that they are subcontractors of the Home Depot countertop subcontractors: it's their own pickup, trailer, tools, etc.  Plus, no insurance or job benefits or guarantee of work.


Here's looking toward the dining room.  I put the computer on the countertop because it looks like a ikitchen - sleek and somewhat monotoned.

 




The stove took no time to install.  ML figured out all the rest and took off the myriad pieces of tape and plastic and set the time.  Nice, huh?









Of course, the sink, faucet, and garbage disposal were another story.  But, in my defense, it didn't take more than two hours, and best of all, NO ADDITIONAL TRIPS TO HOME DEPOT.  Surprisingly, I had gotten all the parts I needed.  I only have 3 to return!

Everything works!  Now to mess it up!

2 comments: