Sunday, June 10, 2012

Above the Arctic Circle

Neice Ashley and her partner Joey emailed about a year ago and asked if I wanted to go to the Brooks Range with them - specifically, the Arrigetch Mountains.  I wasn't so sure.  I figured it was a bunch of young people that I couldn't keep up with - but  lo and behold, only my brother Bob was invited too.  We figured that we were actually their last choice, but the only people that had enough disposable income to help out with the expenses!






 The picture on the right gives you a little idea what we might be getting into. . .

 It's amazing what I don't know about the State of Alaska that we lived in for 30 years.


So the answer was yes, and it was an amazing trip.

But first of all, we had to get there.  You don't realize the size and diversity of Alaska until you experience it.

Be at the Sitka airport at 5 a.m., leave at 6 a.m.  Stop in Juneau after a 30 minute flight.  Go to Anchorage.  After that 80 minute flight, I can finally get a cup of decent coffee.  Then board the flight to Fairbanks which luckily is only 40 minutes.  Whew, I can finally leave that 850 miles behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment