Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Kingest of Salmon

It's been awhile since I've posted.  I guess I've been busy.  Maybe, maybe not.

I did go fishing this morning and caught a couple or three king salmon.  Sometimes you catch some and sometimes you don't.  As conventional wisdom says, that's why they call it "fishing" rather than "catching."

I'm really not a big sports fisherman.  But, in the case of king salmon, I am an eater.  Or, to put it another way, king salmon is one of my favorite foods and I like to catch them to eat them.

Just look at it.  OK, OK, so I'm not the best cook in the world.  The "presentation" doesn't look too good in the picture.


But I can tell you that the result was impressive when you inserted a forkful into your mouth.  We made a marinade with soy sauce, brown sugar, olive oil, garlic, and some ginger.  An hour later, I browned all sides of the salmon chunks on my genuine Little Weber Smokey Joe grill and then put some smoke chips on the fire and put the lid on.

 With some rice and ML cooked brussel sprouts and onions with a tinge of black, it was a mighty fine dinner - even if I do say so myself.

I hope you have the chance to eat the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment