Wednesday, August 7, 2013

CHILD(REN)

I try to keep things reasonably "private" in our increasingly technological and public world, even though I realize clearly that I'm operating on a worldwide technological non-private platform.  So I don't talk too much about family members so as not to ruin their chances for a new job or anything.  But, what the heck, Hannah is on the same platform so I may as well "be out."  I'll try not to brag too much, since all parents are pretty proud of their kids.

Hannah just arrived home from India, after a competitive internship with the School of Social Work and Columbia University in New York, NY.  She and another girl spent two months looking at various social work enterprises in rural India. 

It always amazes me when one's kid(s) can be so good at something - yes, I know, it's her Mom.  Along with many other things, I think she's an impressive writer, observer, and thinker.  You can decide for yourself.  She writes for herself and a small audience at her blog here.  She's also quite the brave traveler.  If you like what you read there, go read the older posts from when she was in rural Malawi, Africa.  She wasn't blogging when she went to Mongolia, but on the other hand there wasn't email or internet in the ger (yurt) that she stayed in.

She has an "official" presence at the Columbia U. blog.  Scroll down to see her blog posts.  Her name link is her bio.  An executive from the sponsoring TVS Motoring company, SST division actually called her to talk about her "Inclusion" blog entry.  Wow.

It's great to have her home before she flies off to NYC for the second and final year of her Master's in Social Work degree.   


No comments:

Post a Comment