Thursday, September 5, 2013

Honda N600 Engine Rebuild, Part 8: Art of Jury Rigging

Sometimes I think that Alaska attracts born jury riggers.  I try not to be, but I confess that anything that is a problem to be creatively solved has its attraction.



I noticed the heat exchanger had some cracks in it.  With a little wire brushing, a mixed up some JB Weld (another great product) and it looked pretty good.  It is nearly impossible to find a good heat exchanger for sale.









You can see the whole thing in the picture on the right.  Looks good, huh?












Then I noticed, luckily just before I put the engine in, that the steering boot was torn.  There was an interesting air line between the sides of the steering gear.  I patched it together with zip ties and electrician's tape.  Looks kind of funky, but I'm going to call it good.

OK, NOW I'm ready to put the engine in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment