Thursday, September 5, 2013

Honda N600 rebuild, Part 7

Now to put the engine on the motor mount and get it in the car.



On the right is the motor mount.  I wire brushed it and "rattle can" spraypainted it.

The differential boots were missing some clamps, so I used some black wire ties and called it good.








With various screwing around with the engine on sliding boards and other creative apparatus, I got the engine on the mount and bolted it in.  Then I mounted the fan.








One step forward, one step back.  Shoot, I may as well clean up the engine compartment while the engine is out.

I pressure washed it and painted some POR-15 on the rust spots.  (Another GREAT product, make sure you use POR-15 on all rust you meet!!!  Just don't get it on your hands or it'll be there til you shed the painted cells . .. )

This picture is after it's pressure washed.  I looked and I don't have one after it's all painted up.  Trust me, it looks better.

No comments:

Post a Comment