Saturday, September 7, 2013

Honda N600 Rebuild: Part 10 - All back together and it RUNS!





It's all back together!  Yes, a minor miracle.  Better yet, it actually runs!  And even better yet, so far there is no oil leak!! 

I wire brushed most of the rust spots and slapped some POR-15 on them.  I covered some holes with epoxy and cloth after I POR'd them.

Tires are on, brakes are bled.  But, as always with an old car, there are a few details to follow up on.  Specifically, I jury rigged the exhaust and muffler and it needs to be welded.  Plus, not all the turn signals work.


















But it feels good to accomplish a multi-year project.  I'll let it sit and probably rattle can the exterior, fix the lights and make sure everything is running correctly.  Then I'll license and insure it and get it to someone that can finalize the exhaust system.

Meanwhile, I hope I find another project car and a bigger garage!

No comments:

Post a Comment