Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Honda Engine Rebuild, Part 6: Put it back together!

Whew, finally!  All the parts are clean and I've got new rings and gaskets.  Now if I can remember how it all goes together . .  .







And here it is!


On this side of the engine you can see the transmission extending from the cylinder case.  The oil is shared by the transmission and the engine.  I didn't take the transmission apart - that's beyond my skills.


Now all I have to do is put all the adjunct devices on like the fan and cooling shrouds, spark plugs, and all that stuff.









AND THE MIRACLE IS . . .  (drum roll please) . . .

NO EXTRA PARTS!

Yes, this photo shows all the places where parts were laid out - and miracle of miracles, I have no extra ones - not even a bolt or screw.

This is my third engine rebuild and that's never happened before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment