Thursday, September 5, 2013

Honda N600 Engine Rebuild: Part 9, Put it back in!

With the come-a-long connected to the car and garage beam, I cranked the front of the car up high, put the engine mount on the floor jack, slid it under the car, and worked it back and forth until it was in place.


It's coming together now.  ML helped guide from one side as I manipulated from the front.

Getting the axle knuckles into place was a real pain - until I realized all I need to do with drive a screwdriver into the slot to open it up for the rest of it to slide into place.

It really wasn't too bad - and like all projects, the second time would be a lot faster!







Here's how it looks from above.  We've got it about beat by now!









NOT SO FAST!  When it was all bolted in and finalized, guess what?  When I started to connect the clutch cable, I see the clutch lever is on the wrong side of the car body.  OH SHUCKS!

I realized I could take off the pivot bolt, but WOW, was it a pain.  With some penetrating oil, heat, and a day or two, it finally came off.  That's the problem when aluminum is mixed with steel.

But it worked.  We're in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment