Saturday, February 23, 2013

Garage - concrete fills the trough.

Whew.  ML is off the hook for concrete help.  Bob and Glenda showed up in the middle of the afternoon.  I was a bit frustrated.  The plumbing hookup from the new waterline to the hot water heater and to the cold water laundry outlet and also to an outside hose barb should have taken an hour - and I think I was in my 4th hour and two trips to the store.  Plus, I really didn't want Bob and Glenda to have to visit without hot water. . .



You can see the new waterline in this picture, but it's just stubbed off on the back wall.  I didn't get a picture of the new arrangement.  I think I was too pissed off to remember to take a picture.


But fortunately, as usual, Bob arrived and bailed me out of my funk and got things going.










Before I knew it, we had the sacrete premix all mixed up, the trench filled in, and a nice smooth finish on it.










The only thing left was for Jude to write his name in the concrete - with Grandma's help.  


I think they had fun.  And I had fun thinking that we could get the washer and dryer back in place and use the garage again - and I could actually start work on the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment