Thursday, February 21, 2013

Kitchen - Plumbers again . . . electricians too

It felt like a construction zone today.  The electricians showed up to wire the kitchen and the plumbers were working the same area putting in the new sewer pipe.  I made sure everyone knew what they were supposed to be doing and went off to play pickleball.  Nothing for me to do here except supervise, which no-one needed or wanted.

Richie and Homey finished up the new sewer pipe and left me a trench to fill with concrete and the washer and dryer to be put back.  



Here's the old wiring.  One circuit for the whole kitchen.  Four switches at the door and only one worked.  It just goes to show you how modern we've become with about 6 circuits.  It's always amazing to me that it worked and we didn't have any real issues. 





Here's the new wiring in the next three photos.  Not much to look at, but the outlets are "laser" leveled so they look nice and straight in the end.  The rough-in boxes are well secured.  Wires come through the block and then out to the boxes.  They cleaned up after themselves.   Groves Electric did a very nice job and they're located just down the street from us.  I must admit that it seemed a little expensive - $4100.  But they had 2 to 4 guys working on it from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and finished in one day.  I was a bit horrified, but ML said it was time for me to buck up and hire it rather than doing it ourselves.  I think she was right.




This two pictures were taken a few days later - the new blocking and low voltage wiring is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment