Sunday, February 24, 2013

Kitchen? - Back to work for me and ML

Richie and Homey were back for phase two of the sewer gas problem.  They were back at the crawlspace entrance and the two bathrooms.  There was a small leak in the cast iron trunk line where the two toilet pipes came together.  They had to take up the toilets and replace the cast iron from there to the pipe going out toward the main line.  Therefore, the kitchen was open for business.


Not so fast!  Richie gave me the idea to replace an old galvanized water pipe that went under the slab by putting the new line in the sewer pipe trench.  I couldn't pass that up so I went to the store for parts. 

The picture showed the "new water main" that is the yellower plastic.  The old galvanized pipe leading to the right goes to the sink.  The hot water had already been replaced.  The other galvanized pipe goes to the hot water heater and laundry room.




Now the smaller white pipe goes to the kitchen sink and the bigger one leads to the trench through the garage.

The funny thing was that I stubbed it off in the laundry room and I was all proud of what we had done.  Plus, I was looking forward to a nice hot shower after all the crawling around in the sand and dirt under the house.

OOOOPS!  There still wasn't a connection to the water heater!  That shower was COLD.








No comments:

Post a Comment