Thursday, February 14, 2013

Kitchen Remodel #6 - Sewer Gas News

The plumber shows up for an estimate.  Pete was right.  $2380, not including a 15 foot long by 18" wide gap in the garage concrete floor that I'll have to fix.   OK, do it - but not until Hannah's visit this weekend.  Quite a Valentine's Day surprise.

Back to the kitchen.  Talking about plumbing, in our house "inspection report," it was recommended that we replace the kitchen sink pipes.  It's easy to do, but you have to crawl 30 feet in the crawl space which I don't mind doing once in a while.  But hauling all the pipe and gear and forgetting something at least 5 times was not on my "to do" list.

Although the 1" by 6" diagonal flooring was in decent shape, it squeaked fairly badly and the floor could not be called flat.  I decided to take it up, fix the plumbing, and lay down some plywood.




I cut along the walls with skilsaw or sawsall and pried up with my new best friends, two, two foot crowbars.  It was pretty easy going. 

Pretty much right away, I looked down into the crawlspace under the floor and there was a possum skeleton.  That must have smelled good.

I wondered what I had crawled through the 3 or 4 times I had wandered through the crawlspace checking one or another thing out.










Doesn't look like much, but it's a start.  Plus, I had to go to Home Depot to get the plywood, so I have some excuse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment