Monday, February 25, 2013

Kitchen? Maybe kind of.

Bob and I took off on 2/24.  Took a bike ride and goofed off.  We did go to Home Depot for a few things and a sheet of 3/4 plywood that's a lot easier to handle with 2 people.

But on the 25th, it was time to get a little done. 


 First, Bob and I replaced the washer and dryer.  Not only that, we cleaned the water filters and actually leveled the washer.  Novel concepts.












I ripped up the rest of the original 1 by 6 inch flooring and took advantage one last time of getting under the house easily.  We laid 6 mil plastic down and it looked and felt pretty nice with new sewer lines, new water lines, and nice clean plastic to keep the moisture and any odor down.


See how nice it looks under there?

Bob also helped me replace a joist that was sticking up too far.  I put in a few sister partial joists so that the plywood was reasonably flat and level.

After Bob and Glenda took off back to Alaska, ML and I glued and screwed down most of the plywood.

Now maybe I could really work on the kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. Those Hutton brothers are amazing! Not to mention their wives, also amazing! How do you guys know all this stuff???

    ReplyDelete