Friday, February 8, 2013

Kitchen Remodel #5

We need to cut the hole in the wall before we took down the plastic.  I also didn't want to screw up the wall on the dining room side so that I had to patch that with sheet rock.  I could repair dings and stuff but didn't want to match the width of the cement board with sheet rock if I could help it.

So I bashed out the cement board on the kitchen side and removed the pocket door.  I measured twice and cut once and it worked out pretty well, despite the cement dust.  There goes another saw blade.


The refrigerator is moved into it's new place temporarily to get it out of the way (on the right of the photo).  The wall cabinets are gone.  The hole is cut into the kitchen/dining room wall.











This is the view from the dining room.  No wall cabs, no soffit.  Still got the important tools for cooking for one more week!

I'll need to build in the hole just a bit, but it's not structural. 

And, it's a sigh of relief to be cleaned up.  First, a broom, dustpan, and brush.  Then,  a little shop vac.  I pulled the plastic down, and washed all the surfaces with a little soap and water.  Looked pretty clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment