Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Leaking sewer gas Fixtime!

After Pete the Leak Tracker found our sewer gas problems, which happened to be just under the garage cement slab, Alpaugh Plumbing arrived to solve the problem - jackhammer in hand.  I explained to Richie and Homey that it was their lucky day, since half of it was under the kitchen floor.  I can tell you that it's a long crawl under the slab from the crawlspace opening to under the kitchen, so they were pretty pleased they could just lift the plywood and get to the sink sewer pipe. 



Not a great picture, but here's what they found.  I don't know how anything drained from the kitchen sink anyway with a pipe full of junk!  And that wasn't even the problem!









 


I see I have nothing to indicate a scale for this picture.  You can see the step from the kitchen door to the garage on the bottom left.  At the top is the folding doors into the "laundry" room.  I would guess it is about 6 feet in the picture and then it goes on another 5 feet to the back laundry wall.

There's a pile of sand on the right side of the trench ready to be put back after the new pipe goes in.

Since it was the same work area, I didn't get anything done!  We couldn't even wash clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment